Monday, August 07, 2006

Ruapehu is yucky (again)

I've had about 4 amazing days skiing this year, and 4 total sh!t ones. Not that this should surprise anyone who's skied Ruapehu before. :)

Craig was down out my lodge (Alpine Ski Club) this weekend, doing a mountain craft course: self arrest, wearing crampons & sleeping in a snow cave... that kind of palaver and I got to ski Whakapapa for the first time this year. It was hard and icey all morning followed by slush & crud for the afternoon. I managed to do an unintentional jump and got a purple ass cheek for my trouble... oh and I fell off a cliff (don't worry, only my spirit was injured).

I still had a really good time though. Wine on empty stomachs, at high altitude, made for an interesting Saturday. I say, I say.


Saturday night at Alpine Sports Club (phone camera)
Me, Paul & Sarah


Sarah and Paul the Poser
Knoll Ridge Cafe, Whakapapa

It's totaly wrong to make Aucklanders wait 45mins for coffee. Waiting for a seat I could handle. Waiting for a seriously over drawn long back I could not!

Paul goes for a ride
National Chair, Whakapapa




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home